My new piecing tool came in the mail and I had to stop and try it. It's the Log Cabin Trim Tool by Jean Ann Wright and Creative Grids. It make making a log cabin block in about 1/4 the time it use to take me. I love it, especially as I can use strips from my scraps and not have to cut all those strips. Here's my first block:
This was made just grabbing some strips and sewing them on. I'm sure I'll be using this to whiddle down my strip pile in just making scrap log cabins. Here's a video you can watch about it. I've now got my project NewFO - LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool September
Not that I believe to last of the hot days are over, but it's been cool all the days of September so far. Thanks be to God! And I...
-
Welcome to everyone visiting for the Giving Thanks Blog Hop Party. A big hug to Michele of the The Quilting Gallery for organizing this e...
-
Not that I believe to last of the hot days are over, but it's been cool all the days of September so far. Thanks be to God! And I...

OOOOOOOOOOOOhh....that looks tempting. I'm off to watch the video.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a very clever tool - hope to see more of your block soon! Can you finagle the tool for different sized strips?
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great tool! I'll have to watch that video when I'm in town!
ReplyDelete