Not that I believe to last of the hot days are over, but it's been cool all the days of September so far. Thanks be to God! And I've gotte some things done. I'm working on a Guild challenge for this month's meeting. The theme is hearts, and I've used the three hearts that I made for out 2025 BOM. A win win.
Not very creative, but I need another table runner for my buffet and thought this one would work for February. It's 16" by 42". I've sandwiched it and now ready to quilt.
In my daughter's Angie bag - yes, named after me - I found a flimsy that I hope to finish for my BFF. What is an Angie bag? Well, a few years back I cleaned out my sewing room and found lots of stuff I didn't want, and decided to give them to my guild. So I packaged them up and took them to a meeting. They were a hit. Took a couple of others and they were popular also. So then I had to stop attending guild because I began care-giving my mom who has dementia and needed help. She lives in a town 45 miles away. So I stay two days, overnight after the first to avoid the horrid traffic, and give my brother relief at least one night a week. Unbeknownst to me, the guild decided to keep up the Angie bags because there were others who had stuff they wanted to get rid of. The plan is one takes a bag, takes out what is wanted and adds things they want to get rid of, and bring back the bag for someone else.
Inside the bag along with that flimsy was a yard of fabric just right as a border to add to the flimsy. Here she be:
I think it's prefect for two 80 years old something friends. We've be friends since our early 20s. I hope she likes it. Measure 44" square and should make a cozy lap quilt. My friend is having balance and walking issues, so it will come in handy for her.
Working on quilting the panel "The Last Supper". Not much to show on it. I try to do some little bit every day. Lots of different color threads to use.
I was going to use a gold/silver metallic thread to outline Jesus, but then thought better of it. He came to be like us. Why would I make him different?
Well, that's all for now. The weather has been cooperating and I haven't fell woozy or nauseous at all. Praise the Lord. I'm linking to Design Wall Monday and Wednesday Wait Loss - see you there! Blessing to you all,




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.