Some of This; Some of That 6/12/22

Okay, I did finally finish a UFO.  It's back from 2011.  It needed sandwiching, quilting and binding.
This was when our guild was making wheel chair quilts for the local Veteran's hospital.  They were to be 36" x 48"  - a 12 block quilt.  This one is for an Air Force vet. 
Here's why I love cacti: 
The plant had over 36 blooms on it.  It was very impressive. The yellow is so rich,

And I've heard there is a red variety!  I will look for it.  This is in the street side planting of our house. The walkway up to our front door is behind this planting.

What are you up to?  I'd surely like to know.  Blessings for you this coming week.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with BillieBee. I see the 3D effect too. It's lovely. Better late than never. Glad you finished it and now someone can enjoy it. Congrats on the finish. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a great veteran quilt. Perfect color placement. I agree that the cacti are beautiful. My grandfather used to visit CA so he could go to the desert for cactus blooming season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...