Some of This; Some of That 6/21/22

 I finished my quilt top for baby.  This one grew from one orphan block - a four patch (uppermost right) .  I put it on the design wall and it grew from there! The squares for the four patch were four inches so the square come out to a 7.5 inch unfinished block unit. I had some more panel blocks that I inserted, and one flower block I just couldn't cut up.  All of the material came from scraps except for the spinning wheel fabric. Still needs to be sandwiched, quilted and bound, but that's for another St. Anne's member to do.


I'm linking to Design Wall Monday. Go on over to see what others are working on.
Blessings,















8 comments:

  1. I love how you’ve mixed in those larger “feature print” patches with the four patch blocks for this quilt! You’re giving me ideas for a few of the larger scale prints in my own stash that I have never figured out how to use. Super cute baby quilt and it will be great for “I Spy” games when the baby gets older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Didn't think of it that way as an I spy, but I can see where it would work. Thanks for stopping by Rebecca

      Delete
  2. That will be an adorable baby quilt. Are some of those fabrics vintage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The panel pieces certainly are. They came in 11 x 13 size squares. Too much negative space for me. Think they were made for pillows. Also some of the 4" squares could be vintage. Thank for stopping by Danice.

      Delete
  3. I really love what it has "grown" into. The dog and cat placement is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DQ. I still have some of those panel blocks left. Maybe I'll use it with pinwheels the next time. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Cute top. I like how the doggies and kitties are living peacefully together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that happens in real life sometimes. You notice the distance between them. I like those vintage panel pieces. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...