Some of This; Some of That

First in the destashing:  My daughter is looking for neutrals - out went 2 yards.  I gave 6 fat quarters of some mod fabric to her also. I used a 0.25 of background on that baby quilt for St. Anne's. Then lastly, I found a yard for the back of my UFO for bimonthly challenge (fyi:  "The prefix bi- usually means ‘every two’, so bimonthly means ‘every two months’.Semi- means ‘half’ or ‘halfway’, so semimonthly means ‘every two weeks’. However, bimonthly can also mean ‘twice a month’ – but it is rarely used that way. It is best to remember that bi- is “every two” and semi- is “halfway.”). I'm quilting it now. 
Then there is the .18 yard of scraps I used to take part in a technical challenge at one of my facebook groups.  This is on my Design wall now as well as my applique piece. I use Esther Aliu's method.  I think I"ll make a 16" pillow out of those scrappy blocks.

Then, for hand stitching, realized that to continue my hexie project I forgot to plan for the next row, so I'll have to change 6 hexies from this
to this
Ah, me. Better that I caught it now than after I'd make all the hexies for the next round.  That pulled a .25 yard piece from my stash.  In total, I destashed 4.18 yards this week giving me a 5.45 YTD destash. 

Finally, for my 15 Minute to Stitch report:
15 minutes stitching days/week = 7/7 days
15 minutes stitching days/Jan = 25/26 days
15 minutes stitching days/2019 = 25/26 days
Success Rate = 96.15%


Blessings!


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the clarity on bi and semi. I was always confused when people used bimonthly for two weeks! But also, would never used semi monthly for two weeks, I just use bi-weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I loved your post and projects! Don't you just love slow stitching? I'm reading and studying your post as you described how you kept track of your fabric usage for blocks vs. quilts. It seems I'm not using fabric, but I am as I'm keeping up with several BOMs. How to figure out the fabric is a challenge for me. I've had to rip out a few hexies myself...but so enjoy the process of seeing something I hand stitched come together! Take good care and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those blocks you made for the pillow top! The hexies look fun -- which reminds me I need to get back to work on my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty blocks. Also always love to see hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pinwheel blocks (is that what they're called) are really fun. I especially like your applique circle with the flowers being added. The block will be beautiful and many would make a delightful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my boss had read your definition, he's less than clear on what he means with bi-weekly! Congrats on having great success on finding time to stitch most days. Love your hexie project, those bright colors are so fun. Thanks for linking up last week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done! I love how it all adds up, especially giving away some!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...