I Like Thursdays and Friday Finish

I Like Thursdays has come around again.  And while there are lots of things I liked, not many photos were taken.  Here are the ones I did take.

That baby quilt?  I like that I got it done. A mistake showed up. Maybe I'll fix it and maybe I won't. Requires three seams to be done over. And yes, it is that soft and muted in real life. This was a Marti Michell all over print from maybe 20 years ago. Does anyone know?  It was given to St. Anne's. I was excited to get it until I opened it. The previous owner had fussy cut a square next to the train so it was graced with holes all over. Decided to take on the challenge and try to salvage some of the fabric. Here's what I came up with. Measures 36 1/2" by 38 1/2".

Next up is a UFO that isn't on my list, but I've been working as a Hexie a Night to make some progress. I like that I finally got the next round finished and attached to the center. I've even figured out what to do for the next round.  I'm trying to figure out how to make this EPP into a round project.
And in my quest for being more mindful for my Gentle Domesticity study, I like that I saw my jade plant that was blooming away unnoticed in my garden.  Sometimes, one has to stop, take a deep breath, be still and look around. Look how the purple wandering jew surrounds it.

I'm linking to Lee Anna's I Like Thursdays, Needle and Thread Thursdays, Confession of a Fabric Addict, Finished or Not Friday, and a few other link parties. See my list at the More tab under the header.

Blessings and good wishes for all.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder why some jade bloom and others don't. Not enough sun, perhaps. Something for me to check. A whole bunch of jade fell over from the frost so I chopped them down, but I'll stick them into the ground elsewhere. I may have jumped the gun doing that. The sun could have thawed them back upright. We'll never know now. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah for a finished quilt. It's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That plant is beautiful...thanks for linking up. Being mindful changes our outlook on almost everything. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby quilt turned out nicely, you did a good job salvaging that fabric. The hexies are gorgeous, love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Hexie project...great colors and design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...