First Some of This; Some of That Report for 2019

Here it is the 20th of January and I'm finally getting around to posting this.  First up the destashing.

I spent a lot of the first part of the month finishing the quilting on my Sweet Land of Liberty, so not much fabric has been used.  I cut up a panel that came in to St. Anne's so that doesn't count.  I made a few string blocks for Lori's at Humble Quilts Stringalong.  That only took 0.02 yds. Then I made fabric out of strings for another idea.
Not necessarily going to be a hexie project.


I"m thinking about this.
Let's say a fat quarter for that one.  Then DD came stash diving for a back to a quilt she's finishing. A yard walked out the door with her.  And that's it.  YTD total destashed so far is 1.27 yds.  I was able to use up/donate 77 yards last year - 77% of my goal.  This year I'm not setting a goal - just hope to do better than last year.  How are you doing?

Today I'm prepping an applique block of a long ago started UFO that I hope to finish this year.  You can see my list of 2019 UFOs here.  Have you made yourself a list?  Leave me a comment and I'll come by and see yours.

Also here's the first row of a baby quilt that I have on my Design Wall. The fabric was an all over print that had those large animal squares. The previous owner did some fussy cutting - spent about an hour trying to salvage some squares. I hope to add another row today, but haven't figured out what it will be.

Lastly, my week 3 of 2019: Stitching and De-Stashing as seen at Life in Pieces:

15 minutes stitching days/week = 7/7 days

 15 minutes stitching days/Jan = 18/19 days
   15 minutes stitching days/2019 = 18/19 days
Success rate = 94.73%



I'm linking to Sunday Stash, Design Wall Monday, Oh Scrap, and Moving it Forward.  Check out all the goodies there.

Blessings to you and your loved ones.

4 comments:

  1. To answer your question, I am doing something different this year. My goal is simplify, simplify, simplify as I have found myself in four ongoing BOMs and two from last year that I'm finishing up. So I am only keeping track of two types of stats, yarn and fabric used with a goal of using 100 ounces/yards of fiber. I'm so excited about these BOMs because by the end of the year I should have 6 quilts made!

    Your photo caught my eye. I'm looking forward to your string quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your determination to get things done -- I need that to rub off on me! Your projects are wonderful, especially that applique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it just seems so unfair that fabric can come in so much faster than it goes out! Good luck with your UFO plan this year. I tried the finish one a month approach last year, and made a lot of progress, but didn't get anything finished. I think you are wise to give yourself two months to get a project finished. Hopefully finding to stitch most days is helping with the UFO goal. Thanks for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun stuff happening in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...