Some of This; Some of That

I've been making string blocks, starting a new EPP, finished up an applique block, made a charity block for Covered in Love, and began quilting my UFO and a charity quilt - phew. So only have .53 yds to add to the stash report.  But I bagged yardage and scraps from my Sweet Land of Liberty that I no longer want. Found homespuns are so loosely woven, I don't care to work with them again.  I weighed them and the bag weighs 4.63 lbs or 74.08 ounces.  A one pound of fabric (average) weighs 3.5 ounces, so I'm giving away 21.17 yards.  Woohoo!  My new YTD destashing now stands at 27.15 yards.  And there's a space in my stash cleared away of all that fabric. Maybe I'll take some fabric out of a drawer.

Now for how I did in January with my 2019 UFO challenge. I'm happy to report I got my Jan-Feb UFO for the year sandwiched, and I am quilting it. I'm about 3/4ths done. Next is a whole lot of stippling and it will take a while.  I hope to have it done by my deadline of the end of February.  I've allotted myself 2 months for each project this year.

The second goal for January was to make my BOM block for my applique quilt.  That is done.
I am finally over the half way point making the applique blocks for this quilt - 10 to go.

Let's see, what else?
Made a mug rug as a gift,

Crocheted a baby washcloth

Finished adding the latest donut to my Bliss quilt,

and salvaged fussy cut fabric into a baby quilt top for St. Anne's.


And as to stitching time:
15 minutes stitching days/week = 7/7 days
15 minutes stitching days/Jan = 30/31 days
15 minutes stitching days/Feb = 2/2 days
15 minutes stitching days/2019 = 32/33 days
Success Rate = 96.96%

That's it for last month.  How did you do?  Leave me a comment and I'll come by and see your progress.  I'm linking to Sunday Stash15 minutes to Stitch 2019, and Oh, Scrap

Blessings.

3 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at your accounting of yardage. I keep looking at floor space thinking, "More." I need before and after pictures of tables to really see a difference. But I'm especially impressed that you are managing your scraps along the way with yardage. Scraps can be a doosie when left until the very end. Your donation quilts continue to inspire me, Angie. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You had a very productive January! Congrats on the destashing and stitching efforts. Your metrics look great. Hope February is turning out to be as good. Thanks for linking up with the 15 minutes to stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...