Some of This; Some of That

First - the destashing:  When there's not much sewing going on, there's not much destashing either. For the six blocks I made, I used .58 yards. For the larger scraps I pulled to donate to the Guild, I found 4.59 yards coming to 5.17 yards out! This gives me a  YTD total of 40.60 yds destashed out of the 50 yards I need at this time to meet my year-end goal.  First time less than 10 yards difference - woohoo.

I'm suppose to work on my UFO #11 this month - Japanese place mats, but I"m going to work on another UFO instead. It's Christmas in July! This is a table runner I started last year. Needs to be sandwiched, quilted and bound.

I'm also reporting on what I like (On I Like Thursdays) - I'm going to show you all the flowers that I saw and brightened my days.
In San Jose, downtown is festooned with colorful planters and trees in bloom.



 At the mission - glorious flowers all over.
The Mission's cemetery had planting also. Very old tombstones here  - 1700s.

The Municipal Rose Garden has a magnificent stand of redwoods.
as well as glorious roses all in bloom
Roses everywhere we could see.



What did you like this week? I'd love to see.  To view other entries visit I Like Thursdays.

3 comments:

  1. Such lovely blooms Angie. Christmas in July is a grand idea. Hugs Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for those beautiful flowers! What are the purple blooming trees? I've lived in Knoxville for 8 years now and I finally know which trees are Crepe Myrtle and which are Mimosa! Both are gorgeous and blooming right now everywhere. That lavender on your trees, though, is a wonderful color, and it was nice to see what a blue sky looks like. We aren't seeing so much of that here this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...