While I like to draw, since I'm a quilter, I mostly design in my head, from a photo, with EQ software and sometimes paper and pencil, I haven't yet caught on to the habit of doodling or coloring, except when I have a new quilt motif I want to set in my brain. However, I do know that youngsters (and adults, too) love doing this these days, so I took Doodletopia Fairies (Draw, Design, and color Your Own Super-Magical and Beautiful Fairies by Christopher Hart to my volunteer position at our Parish school library.
As you can see the girls (3rd - 5th grades) who came in at lunch were enthusiastic about it:
I love the difference in each of these. The eyes and lips are so expressive as well as the ears. This would be a fun interactive book to give as a gift for those who like to doodle (ages 8 and up). This well known author includes illustration tips with drawing, designing, coloring, and crafting activities.
Received this book (published by Watson-Guptill Publications) from Blogging for Books for this review. A great book to have on hand when the granddaughter comes over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool September
Not that I believe to last of the hot days are over, but it's been cool all the days of September so far. Thanks be to God! And I...
-
Welcome to everyone visiting for the Giving Thanks Blog Hop Party. A big hug to Michele of the The Quilting Gallery for organizing this e...
-
First off, I want to thank all my followers and readers for helping me get to here on Blogland. I so am so grateful for your advice, pra...






What fun!
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see the different versions!
ReplyDeleteIt is fun to see all the different versions. I am trying to break out of my comfort zone and have more confidence in my drawing skills. Sounds like a great book to get me started!
ReplyDelete