WIPs Be Gone Again

I do have a small finish:

This is block #61 of the Splendid Sampler. Think I now have 41 of these blocks. You can still join up - 59 to go - you can make as many as you want or all.

I'm mostly working on the commission quilt. It has 49 blocks and it's taking me awhile.  But I did finally decide on what to do with my Gwennie medallion. Thank you so much for all your suggestions.  They helped a lot.

So I made more flowers: 
I'll talk about that process in a later post. Did some more cutting of fabric, and came up with this:


Made the white round smaller with the narrow strips of the corner fabric and that tied it together for me. It also made the flowers fit.  I have two more sides to complete in between working on that commission quilt. Slow progress forward is progress.

The winner of last week's paper pieces is Kathy E.  I've sent her an email.  Thanks to all 28 who participated.  This week's giveaway is a mystery quilt book - that means if you win I'll ask you what you like to make as a quilter and I'll provide three titles that fit (as close as I can from my pile) for you to chose from. Usual guidelines apply:   Leave me a comment for one chance.  Link your eye candy for another (link button below). Follow me and let me know for a third. Remember if you don't have a blog, you can always post a photo from a photo hosting service.  Please be sure there is some way for me to contact you. Ends next Thursday, midnight. I'll be linking to several parties including:
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
Check tab above. Blessings!

11 comments:

  1. Your border is looking good. Sometimes just pausing awhile to think is the best solution. Blessings, Gretchen villacrestfarm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your solution looks much better. I like the Oh, Susannah! block, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Angie, your flowers look beautiful ! You are very talented, and you're making fantastic progress with the W.I.P's. Congratulations on all your success ! Warm wishes always, from Marina and Daryl Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers will look great for your next border! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the invite. I follow you on my dashboard. Yes, I still use my dashboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Gwennie is looking so good! Are the border flowers broderie perse from the original tablecloth (I believe you said you found your center in a table cloth?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One block at a time is how quilts are made, and you've already finished 49!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

SAHRR Round 5 and 6

  Ready to show rounds 5 and 6. Actually, the prompt for 5 was make 4 of something. So I chose four patch, and actually since that made my q...