It's November! Wow, time is flying!! I tried something new this past week. I set my goal of one hexie a day, and it actually worked. Here's the start of my 10th flower:
I may have to buy some more papers. The ones I've used several times are getting a bit distorted and flimsy. How often have you used them before you tossed them? I'm curious.
How's your hexie project going? Would love to see it. All eye candy accepted - even ones you've finished. All new to Billie and me. Linky below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool September
Not that I believe to last of the hot days are over, but it's been cool all the days of September so far. Thanks be to God! And I...
-
Welcome to everyone visiting for the Giving Thanks Blog Hop Party. A big hug to Michele of the The Quilting Gallery for organizing this e...
-
Not that I believe to last of the hot days are over, but it's been cool all the days of September so far. Thanks be to God! And I...

Hexi's are on my list Angie -- I love the way yours are coming out. Can you make a stronger template from heat resistant template plastic or from a piece of a flyer or thin cardboard ? Cheers ! Karen
ReplyDeleteThanks, Karen - I bend these little guys to be able to sew the next hexie on - so they need to be bendable, just not falling apart.I'll consider a card though. Now where did I bury my cardstock.
DeleteHexie papers are on sale at Paper Pieces through Saturday. It may be a good time to stock up.
ReplyDeleteYour hexie flowers are looking great!
Thanks, Julie. I'll go over and check them out.
Deletevery pretty. I worked on some of my hexie project and will link up later after I get my post done. Won't be until this afternoon though.
ReplyDeleteI've used some of my papers a dozen times but I've been careful not to fold them as I use them. I generally get rid of them when the points are no longer pointed :)
ReplyDeleteI'll start looking for those unpointing ones - I'm sure there's a few/ Thanks!
DeleteI'm just printing my hexies on cardstock. I haven't reused a one, because they are all still in place. Hope they come out....grin....or I'm going to have one sturdy quilt. Really love your flower with the leaves!
ReplyDeleteI take out a row as I add another row. So all my done flowers now only have one outer row of hexie papers in them. I can see why you wouldn't take out yours.
ReplyDeleteI have started one as a traveling project, I may have to think about at least setting Friday aside for stitching a few hexis each week!
ReplyDeleteEs preciosa.¿Cuantas vas a hacer?
ReplyDeleteI really love hexies, all sorts. I'm having a mini holiday, and have done some hexies. May be I should make a post and link it, but that will be hexie monday for me.
ReplyDelete