Table Scraps Challenge for June

I was sorting scraps from a new bag of them from a friend, and came across a stripe fabric. Eureka - just what I needed for the June Table Scraps Challenge. So I dropped everything and made a mug rug. This is a 4" one as that was the size of the batting scrap. I was even able to use Angela's RSC Color of the Month as there is light and dark blue in this stripe fabric.


I used two different colors of thread to bind my mini - blue on top and deep rose on the back.  You can do this if your tension is just right.



I'm linking to the Table Scraps ChallengeFinished or Not Friday, as well as Angela's So Scrappy Saturday(link above). Come on over and see what quilters are up to. Blessings,

8 comments:

  1. Double the stripe-y fun on your little mug rug, Angie. Thanks for playing along with the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to play along when I have the time. Looking forward to next month's challenge. I love spots and dots, circles not so much, but will to try again.

      Delete
  2. That's a really cute mini. Well done! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chantal. It went together in no time once I had the stripe fabric.

      Delete
  3. That's an adorable little mug rug! Great idea for using up that piece of batting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the quilted star in the center! Mug rugs are so useful and I’m sure it will get lots of use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Now I have to decide to whom I"m going to give it to - may just put names in a hat. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...