Doodlling Fairies

While I like to draw, since I'm a quilter, I mostly design in my head, from a photo, with EQ software and sometimes paper and pencil, I haven't yet caught on to the habit of doodling  or coloring, except when I have a new quilt motif I want to set in my brain.  However, I do know that youngsters (and adults, too) love doing this these days, so I took Doodletopia Fairies (Draw, Design, and color Your Own Super-Magical and Beautiful Fairies by Christopher Hart to my volunteer position at our Parish school library.

As you can see the girls (3rd - 5th grades) who came in at lunch were enthusiastic about it:




I love the difference in each of these. The eyes and lips are so expressive as well as the ears.  This would be a fun interactive book to give as a gift for those who like to doodle (ages 8 and up).  This well known author includes illustration tips with drawing, designing, coloring, and crafting activities. 



Received this book (published by Watson-Guptill Publications)  from Blogging for Books for this review. A great book to have on hand when the granddaughter comes over.  

3 comments:

  1. It is fun to see all the different versions. I am trying to break out of my comfort zone and have more confidence in my drawing skills. Sounds like a great book to get me started!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

SAHRR Round 5 and 6

  Ready to show rounds 5 and 6. Actually, the prompt for 5 was make 4 of something. So I chose four patch, and actually since that made my q...