August (as Usual ) is HOT!

 August is Hot. I'm talking of 100 + degrees of hotness. Yesterday it was 110! That said I don't do well in hot weather and my output on the quilting side of things has suffered. So here goes what little I did: 

That BOM block that needed side borders - done, but not quilted.


Then I started on another BOM block inspired 36" baby quilt by making a sample block.
This is an 18" block of which I"m not sure I'll be using these fabrics. One for the orphan block pile.

And then I made a sample block for our next St. Anne's project which is 8.5". 


Lastly, I've sandwiched a quilt that's going to be raffled at our church festival.  I have to have it finished by Oct. 1st as it will be raffled Oct 4th.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm linking to Design Wall Monday and Oh, Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun than Housekeeping for now.







3 comments:

  1. That is hot for sure! Good to stay in with the AC running!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't visited your blog in awhile - thanks for visiting mine! Your baby quilts made out of BOM blocks are a great idea. Love those tiny stars in the first one. I hope it will cool down for you - for all of us! Colorado has had a hot summer, too, and not done yet apparently. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your first photo baby quilt! It looks like a giant Meadowland block with a couple stars inside--cute!!! I take it you're going to hand quilt The Last Supper? I'm looking forward to seeing it quilted!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

August (as Usual ) is HOT!

  August is Hot. I'm talking of 100 + degrees of hotness. Yesterday it was 110! That said I don't do well in hot weather and my outp...