Some of This; Some of That 7/12/20

Hello, Friends and Readers.  How are things for you during these past few weeks.  We're starting to stay home more as the COVID-19 cases start to go up again.  And being home I try to keep to my 15 Minutes to Stitch challenges but some days I just don't have the energy.  So I've decided to change my reporting way just so I will DO it.  This week I did my stitching on 5 days so that's 83.33%  (my weeks are six days as Sundays I'm taking a rest) working in the sewing studio.  And that's my report - more simple than before and more likely for me to do it.

As to destashing,  I used a half yard to start binding my UFO.  Finally done quilting it!  That Crab Quilt Along I was doing has finished. Made four 6.5" blocks, so I used .612 yds this week. My YTD total is now 13.47 yds.   I decided to do a wall hanging in place of a bed quilt with a ton of little crabs.  You can go here to see what others were doing:  https://faithandfabricdesign.com/feeling-crabby-crab-quilt-quilt-along .

Here's the center of my version.  I still need to add two borders.  It will be a challenge because I want to only use what I have in the stash.


I'll see what I find - have so many places to look.

That's it for today.  Hope to sandwich a baby quilt for St. Anne's but nothing happening there as we can't meet yet.  Stay safe and wear a mask, please.

I'm linking to 15 Minutes to Stitch, Design Wall Monday - cuz that crab collection is still on my DW, and Sunday Stash Report.  See you there.

5 comments:

  1. This is so unbelievably fabulous!! I especially love how realistic your "surf" fabric looks in the upper left corner. And those crabs are such little CUTIES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on your crabs quilt. I know you will find border fabric in your stash. It feels great to be using up stash, doesn’t it? Thanks for linking up with us at Design Wall Monday.....(and you don’t have to have something on the design wall each time either.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the crabs, a very fun. Finding time to stitch sometimes isn't the problem, it's finding the energy and motivation. Hope you can find both this week and make something else fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't sew on Sunday, either. =) This looks amazing! I really like the blue crabs mixed in, and that water in the corner with the little bit of beach-wavy-part looks so appealing This is really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...