Some of This; Some of That 5/12

Not much quilting this past week, so let's start with a few things I was able to do and liked. The river bottom one house over from us. It's flowering with wild mustard and the usual sounds we hear. Watch here.

Blooming in my kitchen garden:



While I was quilting the last charity quilt I figured out another way to use my walking foot.  It doesn't have holes on the side to attach a guide for straight lines.  My answer was painter's tape.
 I cut a strip of tape the length of the line I wanted to quilt. I sewed from one corner to the other.
When I got to the spot where I was going to pivot, I pulled back the tape and pivoted.  Pulled off the entire strip and re-positioned it on the next side and did that line.  Worked great.

The only fabric I destashed was the  0.20 yd I used for the binding and the 1.02 used for the back . New YTD total is 42.00 yds.

Here is the quilted top:
All the fabrics for the top and back were from my scrap bags.
The back was a tad small, so I added the last of that flower print from the from.
Quilted and bound:

Lastly, for the 15 Minutes in 2019:
15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
15 minute days/May = 11/11 days
15 minute days/2019 =  122/131 days
Success rate = 93.13%  

And for my design wall - that second medallion quilt is still the same.  No progress there, and I don't think there will be any this coming week as we will have out of state company and a quilt retreat to go to.  I'm linking to Oh, ScrapSunday Stash15 Minutes to Stitch 2019, and Design Wall Monday Monday Making , and Let's Make Baby Quilts  How did you do - quilty wise - last week?  Blessings!



4 comments:

  1. That is very clever of you! Good job and cute quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard you could used painters tape but have never tried it. I might give it a try now. I love your quilt. Well done. I have to split my time for the next month or two between cross stitch challenge and quilting but I did manager to work a little on both. I'm learning FMQ on a different machine. Hopefully one day I will be able to do that although straight line quilting does give a lot of options. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all the stitching time this week. Hopefully you'll work in some good stitching time at your quilt retreat so the week won't be a total loss on that front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo on using up stash. Your flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...