Slow Sunday Stitching

Feels like winter outside, and so I'm hanging out in the living room enjoying the warmth and stitching slowly.  I've finished another unit for my Bliss project.  One more unit and I can attach this donut to the center.  Donut you ask?  That's how I learned to add a round to my hexie centers and use one continuous thread.  Learned it from Karen at Faeries and Fibres.


Making some progress on quilting SLOL - got most of the first row done. It's taking me a bit longer as I keep having to change the top thread.  I couldn't find an all over thread that I liked.

As to destashing, between adding a border to my Stars and Stripes Sampler wall hanging and finding a back for my next baby quilt, I used up 1.3 yards of the stash.  That's because I have been quilting more than piecing. My new YTD total is  71.71 yds destashed out of the 86 yards needed to meet my goal. Very little progress this past week.

And that special luncheon last Thursday?  DH and I went out to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary.  It actually was on the 30th, but we both had so much to do that day, we decided to celebrate on Thursday so we could have a relaxing, no time constraint, lunch.  We tried a new restaurant.  The food was very good and there was no rush. It is called Habanero Mexican Grill .

c. TripAdvisor
Time to prep some more hexies.  I hope you have a fun and productive new week. Blessings,

Oh, yes, I'm linking to Slow Sunday StitchingSunday Stash and Design Wall Monday.


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 50th! Seemed like a lot to me until I realized that between two marriages I have been married almost 50 years, too (with 3 years in between).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, congratulations Angie, what a wonderful milestone. These celebrations are a wonderful example to today's young ones that marriage can last. Glad you had a lovely meal and leisurely time together. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was 82 here today. So very hot for a November. :(
    You have been doing great. Congratulations on your 50th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 50th anniversary!
    Ours will be in another 2 1/2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Ours will be 53 in January. Not to many last this long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your anniversary! We will be celebrating our 50th next year--it doesn't seem possible--lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...