More on the retreat.

Remember this? I was making a snack mat/mug rug for the retreat and that's all I could show of the crumb block.  It turned into: a hexie rose with leaves.  Tassie won it when we played the left, right game (or was it the dice game?).  I got a cute pumpkin mug rug from Yvonne.
 
There were a lot of other cute creations. I just forgot to take photos of them.

I also worked on a Sweet Land of Liberty block. It needed some embroidered words.  Got that done the first day there - albeit, slowly as we were all chatting away more than we were sewing.   When one can't bring a machine - hand work is just the thing.  I'll remember that for the next retreat.
Here's my block and pumpkin.

 Go over to Lee Anna's
 I Like Thursdays 
 to see more likes for the week. And don't miss Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching next Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. All your projects are lovely. I love going on retreats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed your retreat. Your blocks are all lovely, but especially like your stitchery block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your retreat sounds like fun! I like any kind of mug rug - both the one you made and the one you received are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet projects and love the pumpkin mug rug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those mug rugs are pretty. Your Sweet Land of Liberty is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...