Speaking of Retreat

I had a great time at our Guild's May Retreat. And it was so wonderful that my Mom, my daughter, and my daughter-in-law could join me. Here's are some photos of projects that were worked on by the 22 of us:
the spacious room we had to work in

 
our first make and take - a needle case.

Our second make and take - a quilting in the Neighborhood placemat



Some of the projects worked on:
Tracy's first Dresden plate - she made it into a pillow

Katy's Embroidered starfish - felt like chenille.

A pickle dish project

Fern's fabulous dragon quilt - her own pattern for this panel

Barara's Mad Hatter

Carol's tablet holder

Joyce's lovely stack and whack block

My amazing daughter-in-law took to free motion quilting like a duck to water. Her first quilting endeavor.

Once she had it quilted, she bound it.  It is for her new niece.  And my daughter took Deanna's cut off triangles from her placemat and made a mug rug:
Em's our queen of mini quilts from scraps.
The setting is soothing, the food fabulous, the company a joy. Hope you get to go to a retreat this year. One coming up in November.

4 comments:

  1. Retreats are always so productive, and I LOVE getting to see what everyone else is working on. You had an amazing group, and what a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some neat projects. I really liked the dragon and the starfish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great retreat!!! Wish I was there! Those house needlebooks are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...