6 & 6 in 2018

I was going to make A Small World as my new project for this month's 6&6in2018, however I changed my mind after the first week in January as I started to seriously work on Sweet Land of Liberty.  This one is a real challenge for me. First, it has a unit a month while Small World is more just make at your own speed. Second, while there is a pattern for this quilt, one is encouraged to design your own for this primitive quilt.  I like that - makes it more of a challenge. Thirdly, this is a bit of a stretch (fabric wise) for my stash as I have very few plaids, homespuns, and muted solids in my collection. So here is my first month's unit.
The top row is not sewn on - they will be in a border later on.  I've learned new things already with this project.  Learned a new way to make economy blocks; practiced embroidery and also paper piecing - neither of which are near my strengths.  I look forward to the next month.  I'll be linking with Lori at Humble Quilts and Meredithe and Anne's 6&6in2018

8 comments:

  1. What a good start to the year! Thank you for joining Meredithe and me for our 6&6 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light blue plaid really glows. I hope you will be using more of it throughout the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring...If I had more energy, I would join up too....I can only focus on one block wonders...in between naps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are a lot of blocks to have done for one month. Like the way it is looking and will look forward to seeing the progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it so much that I am considering joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cabin. I like the fact that each of us can make the same quilt but because of our fabric choices or changes to the design to fit out personality, none of the quilts turn out the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm finally working on this! I like the house block a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...