WIPs Be Gone Week 26

I've been spontaneously constructing again.  My DGS's preschool teacher is going on maternity leave tomorrow - a whole month sooner than I thought.  So Tuesday the SC started.  I'm not surprised - from the way she's carrying this baby, I thought she'd have it 6/15!  The quilt is done.  I just have to make a card and buy a baby bag and take it tomorrow to her.
Yes, the beige  really stands out( I would have preferred a very light pink), but just couldn't go to the store and I needed to start.  I used the cute owls on the back, too. It measures 32" square.
It's one of those forgiving prints that covers all quilting errors.  I love those owls. Here's another view for the quilting:
I free-motioned a large meander on the beige and the owls, then used the walking foot to outline the rose L-shapes. I then free-motioned the triangles in the border. That went better than I thought.  Hope Baby Camille and her Mom like it.

I did work on a WIP, but have no photo - maybe later in the week.  How are you doing on yours? Link up and let us see - doesn't have to be a WIP - finishes are fun to view, too. And it doesn't have to be a new post - an old one will do - it's all new to me!  Blue button below - ends Monday, midnight.


I'm linking to Amanda's Finish it Friday, Richards Link A Finish Friday, Sarah's Can I get a Whoop, Whoop? and Lizzie's Free Motion Mavericks.

7 comments:

  1. I have many WIP's some I work on a lot and others I have been barely touching over the last several months and two of those are fairly new projects too - I seem to have lost interest in them and need to get back to work on them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I's so funny, I looked at the quilt and thought, 'I love those owls!' and about two sentences later, you wrote, 'I love those owls.' Mom and baby are going to love the quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh shoot....LOVE those owls! Thanks for the Friday linky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!I think owls are always a hit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

SAHRR Round 5 and 6

  Ready to show rounds 5 and 6. Actually, the prompt for 5 was make 4 of something. So I chose four patch, and actually since that made my q...