First pieced block for the Just Take 2 Quilt. You can learn about it at the red and white button on my sidebar. Have 4 more to do and 2 appliqued blocks. I've decided to make mine scrappy with as much of the background the same as I can get from the piece I found in my stash. I'll use the colors in the sparse background print to pull fabrics for the piecing. On the whole, I want to use only 2 fabrics per block. The quilt will be offered in four parts, so I'm not sure if I want to make four small quilts or the 78" by 90(?) that it will be. Guess it depends on if I keep up with the blocks or not. I would have loved to have made it red and white, but I don't have the 9 yards of white it takes nor the 6 of red to make it all the same. And since I want to reduce my stash --scrappy it is.
Go on over to Judy's Patchwork Times and see what others have on their design wall. I really like how participating in this keeps me moving forward in my quilting. How did you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool September
Not that I believe to last of the hot days are over, but it's been cool all the days of September so far. Thanks be to God! And I...
-
Welcome to everyone visiting for the Giving Thanks Blog Hop Party. A big hug to Michele of the The Quilting Gallery for organizing this e...
-
Not that I believe to last of the hot days are over, but it's been cool all the days of September so far. Thanks be to God! And I...

great block, love your fabrics.
ReplyDeleteLooks great! I love those colors you are using.
ReplyDeleteIf I decide to do it, I would have to go scrappy as well. I rarely have a lot of yardage around.
ReplyDeleteLove your block!
Looks great! Should be an awesome scrappy quilt. :o)
ReplyDeleteVery sweet churn dash! Good idea to use the background as much as possible. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteScrappy works and I have that blue fabric! I also have it in pink LOL! Great looking block!
ReplyDelete