Favorite Things Friday 9/9/11

It 's friday, again.  I went to our church's sewing group yesterday.  A favorite thing for me.  And there were 8 quilters/seamstresses present for our meeting.  They are so much fun.  We make quilts for our parishioners in need and for low income mothers in our community.  We're getting ready to make a delivery and here we are holding some that are ready to go.  I'm the one holding the blue one.

Go on over to my left sidebar and click on the favorite things friday button to see what Shay and others are reporting as a favorite this friday.

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely project. Love seeing all the quilts and folks who care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never learned how to quilt, but I love quilts. Making quilts for mommies who need them -- what an awesome favorite! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very generous group with lovely quilts. Yes, charity is so appreciated when it's a hand made gift.
    Bella was at her funniest this week wasn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like a happy bunch of people! How lovely to do something to help people in need. I make quilts for our local hospital and it makes me feel great to do something to give back to the community.

    I love all of those quilts. Thank you for sharing them with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun. Bet you all get into all kinds of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea. I'm sure each one is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I belong to a similar group and love it too.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful group of friends! Great favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great time. I would love to find a local church that had a sewing group.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quilting groups are such the best and it is lovely that you are giving back to the community.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...