My First Machine Quilted Quilt
Having fun with my company! While they're off to visit a friend at Simple Simon's (a local outdoor cafe) in downtown Riverside, thought I'd post a quickie. This quilt is the first one I quilted maybe 15 years ago - mostly stitching around the design motifs and before the days I had read anything about machine quilting and basting the quilt with safety pins - hence the puckers and pleats on the back. I did the middle and then put it away as I didn't know how to stipple. It's been finished a couple of years now after having found it in a bag tucked in a drawer. It's got lots of mistakes, but Alan and Leo don't mind those so it is getting used. This was a panel. I used matching yardage on the back and for the binding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool September
Not that I believe to last of the hot days are over, but it's been cool all the days of September so far. Thanks be to God! And I...
-
Welcome to everyone visiting for the Giving Thanks Blog Hop Party. A big hug to Michele of the The Quilting Gallery for organizing this e...
-
Not that I believe to last of the hot days are over, but it's been cool all the days of September so far. Thanks be to God! And I...

Oh that is sure cute!
ReplyDelete