Design Wall Monday 7/18/11

New on my design wall is a different kind of crumb block.
And to continue my adding applique to my piecing I machine appliqued a rose in the center block.  Following a tip I read in a blog (I'm so sorry I didn't make a note of it), I placed a bead of fray check around the edges of the applique fabric so it wouldn't unravel.  If I run my finger over the edge I can feel the fray check,  but you can't see it.  This block came about because I was browsing my bookshelf and discovered the book and template that came with it tucked in there.  Thank you Ami Simm for a well designed template and pattern. 
I have made a quilt from this pattern, but not used it since.  Then I got the idea from seeing Ami's scrappy quilt on the right side of the cover.  Don't know what I'll do with these.  I'll probably make some more because I like how it calls for bigger scraps - yeah, more out the door!

What's on your design wall?  Go on over to my left sidebar and click on Judy's Patchwork Times button and see what others are doing.

Comments