Fabric Tuesday 7/19/11

The girls had a great time yesterday planning their quilt, working on a needlecase, and learning about two different stitches and choosing colors.  I was delighted to see them pick complementary colors (Lauren) and analogous colors (Megan)  They're making a simple squares quilt 7 x 9 of 5 1/2" squares.  Then we'll tie them.

Since I'm busy with the girls - not much done that I cans show you for fabric tuesday, but I thought I'd share my progress on my June UFO.  
The center is done and I've added one of the outer sashings - seen on right.  As this is a QAYG - I'm doing it a little different than before so I'll get the effect I want on the back. I'll keep plugging along on this. Don't know when I'll get back to it as my mom is coming tomorrow, Alan in afternoon and Quilt Guild in PM.

Go on over to the button for Fabric Tuesday by Quilt Story on my left sidebar.  There are some great projects getting done over there.  Check them out.

2 comments:

  1. I love your UFO as well. I love the way you bordered each block. It's really striking.

    Wished I could get my grandkids to sew. That must be great fun.

    Mine are off to the Blue Bell Factory with Big Mick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...