On My Design Wall

Unrelenting heat and a family reunion has kept me busy since I last posted. Mainly the heat gets to me since I had near heat stroke in 2002. Now when it get to 95, I start to feel queasy, yuck. Went to WA for a family reunion. It was fun and so good to see my #1 son and his family (WA), and daughter's family (CA)plus #2 son and family(CO) all together.  Fishing for salmon was one day's activity and all three fishermen brought home 50 lbs of fillets. 




That's their other catch behind them. They had to throw back all the native ones (and there were some biggies), also some too small to keep. All in all they had a fun day on the water. And we had a great dinner that night with grilled salmon, rice pilaf, and fresh green beans.

On my design wall (which I started before I went on my trip) is a new baby quilt from a unicorn panel.

Going to be cute! 

What are you up to?  Would love to hear from you and visit your blog. Blessings!


2 comments:

  1. I'm not very good in the heat either. The humidity gets to me too. We don't have much heat up here lately. It's raining and cool. Feels more like Fall than Summer. Usually, we have heat wave at this time of the year. I'm not complaining! Great catch for the boys. I like what you are adding to this panel. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the heat the pitts? I'd much rather it was cool. But what can we do? I stay in the a/c and try to stay calm. Great for sewing. Southern WA was very nice temperature wise. Off to see your latest.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...