It's Not From Scraps!

I was thinking about doing the May Table Scrap Challenge -thinking is all I do what with my mobility problem - and decided I really, really had to make me a new ironing board cover as I had burned, spotted, ripped the one I had. I went to order one and they were way too expensive, too depressing, just too too! I mentioned this to my Super Seamstress daughter and she came up with a plan:  deconstruct the entire cover, use the parts to make the new one. And that's what we did. Used the batting, the elastic, the binding. The batting made a perfect pattern for the fabric.
So I got to work. I wanted to use the letter suggestions for the Table Scrap challenge, so I used floral. Found a piece of fabric from my stash and, voila! here is my new ironing board cover:


 and here is what I got rid of:



It's not a table scrap, but it is floral and necessary for my sewing projects as I get ready to make the June Table Scrap Challenge.  Go here to see all the other projects for May at The Joyful Quilter. And I happened to use the right color for the Scraphappy Saturday. Go here to see those projects!

3 comments:

  1. That's great, Angie! You reused the batting, elastic, and binding... totally scraps. Thanks for finding a way to use the May ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge letter prompt in your project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a gorgeous floral fabric you found! So beautiful! Why do we always wait until the cover is completely disgusting before changing it? Don't we deserve a new cover more often? I think we do! The last time I changed mine, I did use the same binding and cord (no elastic). It made the sewing go so much faster. You did an excellent job. Enjoy it! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie, what a great project - I did the same thing with my ironing board cover. It's a great way to use up fabric and make something, oh so useful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...