Quilt Finish for 2023

Here's my first finish for 2023.  It was my leader and ender project for 2022. I made it smaller than  the pattern called for. It was with 5"squares. I used 3" squares making it 37" square. All fabric was scraps except the background. Used a medium gray Superior Bottom Line for the quilting except for a black  quilting foot line.  This is an Amy Smart pattern called Sugarhouse Star. Amy's was 78" square.


This was easy and fun to make. And I found a darling flannel for the backing.



What are you up to?  I'd love to go to your blog and check your progress out.  Leave me a message and I'll do the same. I'm linking to Oh Scrap! and Peacock Party .  See you there.  Blessings!

8 comments:

  1. That's a really lovely finish - such a pretty colour palette. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job, Angie! I love that you added a little pink triangle in the corner of the last border. Bravo! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brr. It's cold out your way! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Love your blocks and I have the second pink fabric too.

      Delete
  3. That is so sweet. Lovely colors and the backing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous quilts at your house! Thanks for stopping by,

      Delete
  4. I have a somewhat similar pattern that I like although haven't made it. But using 3" squares as you did would make the perfect size quilt for a NICU. Hum, must remember that info some how! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angie, It's been so long since I've been here, and you have just been sewing non-stop! Hurrah for you! What a sweet NICU quilt, and thrifty idea making it your Leader and Ender project. You do great work for good causes. Atta girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...