Some of This; Some of That 7/10/22

 Wow, another week gone? Time is getting away from me.  I made a bit of progress on my projects.  But before I show you those, here's a quilt ( I didn't make the top) that I quilted for St. Anne's.  It's rather a coverlet as really it's too hot here to have three layers. So the cotton top and flannel on the back make this quilt covering.

What you can't see here is that this top is quilted.  I think it's because there isn't any batting that the quilting sinks right in and is not that visible. Debby Brown's first quilt in her Color Block QAL (it's free)was like this, but it had a border. She quilted it in a spiral. I did the same, so this time I thought I'd do something a little different and I made the spiral into a cabbage rose outline. Here's a photo that shows some of the curvy petals. This is a photo of the back.
I used a Superior Thread medium gray Microquilter thread - it's 100 wt.  Really like how it blended with all the color on the front as you can see.

Think I'll buy me a cone of this color! Now to the projects:


 On the top left is my Squirrel distraction - caught it and finished the first blue/white block.  To the right of it is my flower centers quilt - added another row. I only had time to make one 9 patch (r/w) for the redwork quilt.  To the left of my leader and ender blocks I pinned the next HSTs for that yellow block. I only need to do some cutting and I'll be able to make another square for some L/E progress.

How did you do? Were you able to put in 15 minutes of progress on some days? I'm going to link to Oh, Scrap! since my projects have a lot of scraps in them - especially that Squirrel one -hehe.  Also linking to Design Wall Monday. Check it out.

Have a blessed week,






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...