Some of This; Some of That 6/2/21

 Hello, I know it's been awhile. Days are so different right now.  Not too much time for quilting as I am caregiving my 95 year-old Mom who has progressive dementia.  My sister takes two days and I take two days - my brothers do the other three. My stressor is I live an hour away and the traffic is terrible. That's what I dread. I've taken to spending the night between my two days to cut down on the driving.  I wish I could have her at my house, but she wants to stay with her things around her, so we all agree it is better this way for now.  We are grateful she still remembers all four of us. When I'm home I do try to do some sewing even if it's only 10 minutes a day. So here is what I've managed to move forward on:

I finished quilting my medallion quilt.  It still needs to be bound. Got the strips cut - just have to join them and get to it. Geesh -no photo of the front taken - here's two that kind of show the quilting - LOL did too good a job in picking thread that blends.


I'll post the front when it's bound and finished.

Also got a baby quilt done that I'll be sending to Little Lambs as my contribution to Sarah's Hands2Help challenge for 2021.

I hope you are doing well and keeping safe. Blessings to you all,

4 comments:

  1. I would dread the traffic, too. It's smart to just spend the night. And it is probably good for your mother to have her familiar things around her. I'm glad you have siblings to help. Prayers and hugs to you. I'm surprised you're getting any sewing done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mother raised good kids. Usually it falls to just one. So glad you are all helping. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Angie, I'm sorry to hear about your mother's progressive dementia. It is so difficult when our parents start losing their memories. My father had it before he passed. Your mother is such a dear lady - I remember her from the days she attended Raincross Quilters. She did beautiful work! And, I love your recently finished quilts, the baby one is so sweet! Love and Hugs! Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to both of you, Angie. Enjoy your sewing when you can.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...