This and That 3/28/21

 A good evening to you. I've wanted to get this done for hours, but things kept coming up.  Where to begin?

1.  First, my Stay at Home Round Robin is a flimsy, and I've begun quilting it. This was only my second Round Robin.  I really liked this process of the project staying at home.  Made me put on my thinking cap and having to report in kept me motivated. It measures 36" by 40". I wanted it to be a size where I could hang it in my living room. Thank you so much, Gail and all those involved in making this happen!

More on the quilting later.  I'm on the flying geese round right now.

2.  Latest from hubby - he's always showing me his plants in bloom. Isn't this a lovely bouquet?

3. I have a finish!

This is my February Color Block quilt.  It was going to be a baby quilt, but I decided to make hearts and make it my Valentine wall hanging. One for me.   This quilt is part of my joining the year long Color Block Quilt Along by Debbie Brown. 

Debbie gives us a pattern each month based on the 16 patch block of scraps.  What I love about this is that she includes a video of a quilt motif suggestion of how to machine quilt our quilts. I used her bacon lines in the outside border, and the flower and loops in the light beige print.  The white sashing was just in FM loops.  Here's a close-up of the front:

4.  I'm participating in Shelly Pagliai's Studio Organizing Challenge. Actually, I've only been able to do one and it was the first one - I'm 3 behind - sigh.  But one is better than none. Our first challenge was to get rid of an annoying pile.  Here's my before pile that annoyed me daily because every time I dealt with the window, something fell.

I took care of all the things on it (ie - found new homes for most) and this is what I got in return:

Now I have room for the cute sewing machine a dear, thoughtful friend gifted me, and the little scissors I use all the time in a convenient spot. Much better than lost under stuff on the cutting table.


5.  This Sunday Holy Week began.  If you missed my previous post, go back and see a powerful and moving video for Palm Sunday.












6 comments:

  1. I love the size and shape, and of course the look, of how your RR turned out! Beautiful flowers, especially so early in the year. Nice finish. And that toy sewing machine is cute as can be! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy - we're in SoCal so it isn't early for us. It has to be now because even early summer can be so hot.

      Delete
  2. I really like how you made your SAHRR look like a giant Churn Dash block. Your quilt top turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah. I just used elements of a pinwheel to finish it off. This was such a fun project.

      Delete
  3. Your round robin looks great! I love how the reds and yellows pop. The quilt with the hearts is so pretty, too! Scrappy patchwork is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy that I could only use fabric from my stash to finish the SAHRR and the color block quilt all from scraps.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...