Lent has begun,

 and I've hung my Lenten quilt, No Greater Love.  This is in the living room. We plan to say a prayer (We adore You, Oh Christ, and we bless You.  Because by the Holy Cross You have redeemed the world.) as we go through the room to another part of the house.


These 40 days I'm going to step back from media among other things. I'll be posting infrequently as I try to observe more prayer and meditative time. I'll probably post on Sundays because Sundays are not a part of Lent since they are days of the Resurrection, not of fasting and penance and therefore days of Joy.  Are you planning something to help you live the season?

3 comments:

  1. May you find many blessings during this time. I’m also spending less time on my devices and more time in His word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely quilt. God bless you during this Lenten season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not really, but I heard a homily by a Father Martin a couple of days ago. He maintained we've been sacrificing and giving up the entire last year, and that something different is required this lent. He suggested adding something, such as doing good to others. I liked what he had to say. I always like seeing your Lenten quilt during this season. May you find much spiritual renewal in this season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...