Some of This; Some of That - 8/23/20

 Well, I finished my UFO!  After 10 years, it is now done.  used 0.31 yds to bind it.  This is a wall hanging from the Fons & Porter's Stars and Stripes Sampler book printed in 2001.  Judy Laquidara started a quilt along in 2012 which I joined.  All the fabric is from my stash and it took out 2.92 yds. Measures 44 x 50 inches.

Also that new quilt I hinted at is now finished (can't show it yet) and quilted.  Need to bind it.  Now that those two are out of the way, I'll be able to move right along with my two new projects I started earlier this year.  For the Arrow Rock Sampler, I am seriously behind, but I should be able to remedy that this coming week.  These are part of Month Two and we are on Month Four as of the 20th.

I'm a not as far behind on the Curved Hexie Quilt Along.  That is weekly.  I was able to get week 3 at least ready for hand stitching starting today.  That's what I'll do this evening.  Took me forever to pick fabrics for it from my stash.  Between these two projects I used up 0.14 yd.  This gives me a YTD total of 33.63 yards!



Lastly, I did at least 15 minutes everyday this week, so my score this week is 100% - first time this year!

I'm linking to 15 Minutes to Stitch, Can I get a Whoop, Whoop?, Oh, Scrap!, Stash Report, and Design Wall Monday.  See you there.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love that curved hexie block SO MUCH! I really like Arrow Rock Sampler as well. It would be a good pattern for me to use up scraps of background fabric.

    Isn't it wonderful that your 10 year old finish still looks so amazing as far as colors and fabrics go? Americana is always stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A finished quilt is wonderful, that's has to feel good to finally have it finished. The quilt blocks are very pretty but look rather challenging. I LOVE your curved hexie block! I went back through your other posts to see what the other blocks look like. This is going to be a very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...