Some of This; Some of That

This past week I finished 6 more masks and used 0.5 yd of fabric. Then I used up .27 yds to attach the facing on my No Greater Love quilt. That's what I'll be slow stitching today as I watch an episode of Outlander.  Yes, it's not for children and I never thought I'd enjoy a time travel story, but it has a lot of interesting history that I'm enjoying.  Oh! I also made a test block of the upcoming Quilt Along at Jen's Faith and Fabric Design blog.  That adds a puny 0.033 yds for a YTD of 9.00 yds .
Isn't he cute?  It's a paper pieced 6 1/2 unfinished block.  Yes, that is small and I'm not too fond of paper piecing, so went ahead and studied the pieces needed and came up with a way where I could piece all the units except the claws. If I hadn't loaned out my tri-rec templates - I could have done those too.  That smallish row with the black eyes - I doubled the width and made two units for another crab.  Decided to make two crabs of each color or fabric.  Wasn't so bad after all.  I'm looking forward to making these little guys.  This one is the only thing on my design wall right now. You can read more about it here .

Now as to my 15 Minutes to Stitch progress - this past week, well one day I could just not face anything that day. I believe the COVID-19 news just overwhelmed me.  It was a real effort to get out of bed and get dressed. The whole morning I was so lethargic. Finally got to the computer and turned it on to find this.  It was so right for my mood.  It told me I was not alone, and it was just what I needed to hear.  So let's see where I left off.  Thirty three days ago was when I last reported - a whole month and more!  Of those days there were two I didn't go into my studio.  So I did my 15 and there were quite a few where I only did 15.  That brings me to:


15 minute days/week = 6/7 days
15 minute days/April = 17/18 days
15 minute days/2020 = 97/109 days
Success rate = 88.89%


This week I plan to continue on the 10 year old UFO I'm quilting, sandwich a couple of charity baby quilts and hand stitch that facing.  Maybe I'll make a few blocks for the Scrap Snappers sew along, as well as the 5 masks a friend has requested.

Stay safe, know that God is with you even if you won't reach out to him, and have hope.
Blessings!



7 comments:

  1. eHUGS!!!! Good job for making it into the studio so much. We are here with you. Enjoy your fabric and the time with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your little crab looks fiddly. May you have a week with many a trip to your studio stitching lovely pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there have been a few days when I didn't make it up to the studio, either. Great job on the crab! I'm debating, but I think I need to rip and re-piece some blocks to get them right. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the crab! That's going to be a very fun project to play with. I fought motivation for about two weeks, just didn't want to do anything but read. The mojo is back, I think because the weather got better and I just got used to the situation. Hopefully you are adjusting too and feeling better. Congrats on finding the mojo for even your 15 minutes. Keeping something normal helps with the rest I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, such a cute crab! I've sewn a little more this week myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a cute crab block. I don't feel crabby ... mostly sad. Hoping for better weather so I can be outside a bit. Hope your facing got finished this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crab is darling! I'm interested to see what other blocks there are to this quilt you are making. Progress on a 10 year UFO is amazing! I hope you are one more step closer to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...