Some of This; Some of That 7/28/19

Coming out of a funk and a very bad reaction to a Shingles shot.  Haven't used the stash much - just made a 9 x 12" block for .07 yd.  So YTD destashing is at 44.53 yards.  Hope I at least make it to half way to my goal by the end of summer. 

15 minutes to Stitch in 2019 - I did get three days in this week.  Haven't a clue where I'm at really, so I'm going to guesstimate.
15 minute days/week = 3/7 days

15 minute days/July = 7/28 days

15 minute days/2019 = 139/208

Success rate = 67.00%
So my percentage has dropped way down in the last two months. But that's summer for you, and I've another month of it to go. I know already a week will be lost then - maybe this time I can take some hand work with me. Last time it just wasn't possible.

So here's the block I made:
Gwen Marston block representing Texas, c. 1996 seen in a Patchwork 1996 magazine issue.
And I'm hand stitching again:
Showing the back as you can see better how far I've gotten - just started the corner leaf.  Worked on it while watching Netflix's Another Life - too dark a Sci Fi for me.

I'm linking to Slow Sunday Stitching , 15 Minutes to Stitch 2019Finished or Not Friday , and Sunday Stash.  Lastly, I'm going to plug my daughter's mini quilt giveaway - it's on Instagram under #6miniquiltsin6months2019.  Post a mini you've made at the end of the month and you'll be eligible for a prize.  That's what my block was going to be, but decided to send it to someone instead. I'm making another mini - just have to bind it now.  Blessings!



6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to the Shingles shot I sure hope you are doing better. Love the back of the stitchery you are working on and oh I love that quilt block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to lose this week to sewing. I just try to keep my expectations low. You're destashing is way ahead of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you've not been feeling great. Hopefully your stitching mojo is on the way back. Very fun TX block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your reaction Angie. I always have reactions as well...must be something to do with our silly immune systems but hopefully it is all worth it for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I as well am sorry to hear of the bad reaction. Hopefully you are number 1 now! Love your hand stitching. I do love all of Gwennie's work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...