I Like Thursdays

Our St. Anne's meeting was last Thursday. I gave a demo refresher on how to bind.
See that machine in the pic?  That was a donation to our group.  Runs great - just need to get a walking foot for it and it will be perfect for us to use at the meetings.

We were so happy that we had 10 quilts to turn in this month.  Here's one of them:



What a blessed retreat!  It was just what I needed. The grounds are so serene and restful.

The views majestic -

The grounds so spiritual

and the mediation places so attune to the Lord.

They fed us so good I skipped lunch on Sunday because I was still so full from the wonderful breakfast they gave us that day.

This was a silent retreat, so from Friday at 8 PM until Sunday, 12 PM we were not to talk. It was hard for some, but I prefer it.

Other things I liked during the week -  all manner of flowers are emerging - here's the first freesia:

Go check out Lee Anna's post of I Like Thursdays - it's always fun to  go there.

8 comments:

  1. Good Morning! That is a wonderful donation of a sewing machine to your group. Fabulous! And the grounds look so wonderful, and as you said with magnificent majestic views. A silent retreat - I would probably have an issue with that for the first day but then would adapt. I am a chatterbox though - that's what my elementary school teachers always said about me. Anyway, it sounds wonderful and restorative. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds like such a wonderful meditative retreat! I love the idea of it being silent. It's probably good practice for all of us to be genuinely quiet for a while. I'm so glad you went and it was refreshing. And fabulous do have gotten 10 quilts out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are so beautiful and peaceful. Sounds like you had a great time. Hope you have a wonderful Thursday and weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your retreat sounds wonderful, and it looks like a beautiful place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. why silent? I like some silence, but then when like minded people get together there is so much to share. I always wonder... read about silent retreats and didn't get it. I am too much in my head anyway, and might just spin in too much silence! How did it effect you? LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. A retreat of silence, that's interesting. Long ago, I went to a Quaker worship meeting in which we were all silent for the hour. It worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That retreat sounds wonderful. Silence is golden. And, I bet you got a lot done while meditating in that beautiful surrounding landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful spot. I haven't been on a retreat in ages (although my trips to Kripalu come pretty close to the feeling). Silent times are good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...