Another Some of This; Some of That

Destashing:  A very busy week.  While I did some sewing (most was repairing some sofa covers), I only used 0.03 yds for a few hexies for my Bliss.  I had to do design work modification on the new row deciding what a few in the last row should have been.

 Bliss designing:  I  was adding the next round to my EPP project and discovered that I must make adjustments to every 5th hexagon in my last round.
Here you see the hexie I had to change - added some stripe material to the top of it to complete the design I wanted.

Here's how I did it:  I have to remove this one fabric hexie to redo it. 
I've taken the two side seams out and will now  do the bottom seam.

I'm going to start in the center of the seam and pick the thread so that there is some to make at knot at each junction.

Ha! I realized I didn't need to  do this as I had tied a knot on each hexie intersection of the junction.
 They wouldn't come apart.

Here's where I have to add the redesigned hexi, but first:

Taking that hexie, I used my pointer finger to undo the gluing. Then I gently peeled back the fusible interfacing to be able to cut the new pattern piece needed from this hexagon.

Placing my hexie ruler, I cut the fusible template and not the fabric.

Then I pressed the fusible template back to the fabric.
Then cut off the fabric leaving a 1/4" seam along that concave side.

I then ironed the piece of template I cut off to the green stripe.

Here the two pieces are with their seam allowance and ready to glue.

Using glue, I basted the seams to the back.

Here the hexie is ready to be sewn together.

I have taped the pieces together so that they are ready to sew.
I start the seam at the center of the two pieces and sew toward the edges.

Once sewn, it will be ready to add to my Bliss.  And yes that needle is threaded.  I use Superior Invisible thread to sew my hexies together.

My YTD total is now 30.35 yds. Good thing I am yards ahead in getting to my goal.  That will help on weeks like this.  

Lastly, here's my 15 Minutes to Stitch report:

15 minutes stitching days/week = 7/7 days
15 minutes stitching days/Feb = 23/23 days
15 minutes stitching days/2019 = 53/54 days
Success Rate = 98.14%

I'm linking to 15 Minutes to Stitch 2019,  Slow Sunday Stitching and Sunday Stash Report. Maybe some other's tomorrow. Stay warm and having a quilty time.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...