Last 2018 I Like Thursday

A momentous week - Christ is Born! We have 9
days left to celebrate Christmas.  How will you be celebrating them?  I'm keeping up the various creche we have around the house.  Bringing out the panettone to have with tea.  Serving tamales one day this week for dinner.  Admiring last year's poinsettias now growing in the garden -and they bloomed for the Holiday! Answering Christmas letters.  Changing my tree quilt for the nativity scene.
Brought out some Christmas quilts.  Laid out some table toppers.


Enjoyed the family Christmas morns around the country - he's in CO.

Started back to quilting - made a sample block of a kit I want to start in 2019
This used scraps - not the color scheme of the quilt. Think it's going to work out.
How was your week?  Hope you are warm and dry and enjoying the season.  I'm linking to Lee Anna's I Like Thursdays. Visit and see what others had done to fill their days. PS - my brother is in rehab now for PT. We hope he gets to go home soon.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for him.

5 comments:

  1. Hope your brother's rehab goes well and he's home very soon. I always leave our Nativity out until the Epiphany. Might leave the tree up this year but I'm not sure. Enjoyed your photos. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the rest of the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was lovely! Thanks for sharing your week with us across the miles!!! (Send tamales)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful I like list. Hope your brothers rehab progresses well and completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am warm and dry and enjoying the season, thank you! I love your new quilt block that you're trying - pretty colors and interesting design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the prints and colors of your sample block. Has me thinking of wandering by a stream with lots of nearby flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...