Applique Tuesday -

The paver is finished.  I now wish I'd found a light orange or gold hexie for the center. I don't like how the green obscures one of the points, but that's a print for you.  That's my problem with scrappy blocks - I start to obssess of what goes with what and it can take hours to make progress.  This is going to my design wall.

We had our church festival and had a good time. While we didn't make a lot of money as some other booths, we did get nearly 100 blocks made by the children to be put in baby quilts later in the year.

Here are a few of the cute blocks they made for us.  Some were original designs and the others were designs we provided. Aren't they cute?

Here's our booth at the start of the day.

A Granddaughter of one of our members made the just right sign.

Here's the raffle quilt on display in the booth.
And a bonus for us - a longarm quilter came by and asked us if we could use her batting scraps in the baby quilts.  Turns out she has a pile of squares 40" square that would be perfect for our quilts.  And we were just about to run out!  God is good!!

On the machine applique front  - I pressed all the interfacing to the back of the top I"m working on.

I discovered that if I placed the top, wrong side up, on my light box, I could easily see where I needed the stabilizer, the shape it has to be, and where I could cut out centers.  They are all now fused. I need to keep doing an applique section daily.

What are you working on? Would love to see. Leave a comment and I'll come by and check out your eye candy.



7 comments:

  1. how good to have so many children taking part in the project, get them young and keep them I say! The hexie is sweet, I make mine mostly out of scraps too so sometimes they do not match too well but think with quilting mist things seem to look great and nothing seems to clash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Garden Paver block looks great and the the green corner won't be noticeable once you get a bunch of blocks stitched together! The blocks made my the kids are adorable and will make really great quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't notice the green point until you mentioned it and then I had to really look for it. :) No doubt we are always harsh critics of our own creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! and I couldn't see what green point you are seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, I love the cute quilt blocks that the children made. HOW FUN!! I'm looking forward to seeing them in one of the finished quilts for babies. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finishes a UFO cushion and a Tone Finnanger bathing beauty doll. Other than than, I'm plodding along with my Mimis bloomers blocks and EPPing tiny triangles to make stars and hexagons.
    Your booth looked very colourful, what a stroke of luck that you got some batting, which can be expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those blocks are very fun and your Garden Paver block looks fabulous!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

SAHRR Round 5 and 6

  Ready to show rounds 5 and 6. Actually, the prompt for 5 was make 4 of something. So I chose four patch, and actually since that made my q...