Applique Tuesday

I used 2.6 yards last week making a baby quilt, a large hexagon, and this lady on my design wall:
She is going into a special quilt.  So my totals now for de-stashing YTD is 29.39 yds out. 

As far as applique, I'm picking out fabric for that Anna's Garden block. I'm also turning under with starch the seams on a Benjamin Briggs block.
Have a lot of edges to turn under.

That's it for this Tuesday.  What are you up to?  Any applique? Leave me a comment and I'll stop by, applique or not.  I'm linking to Judy's Design Wall Monday and Lyn's BOMs Away.  I've been trying to do Lyn's method of working on a BOM each Sunday, but it isn't happening - something always comes up.

7 comments:

  1. The elephant quilt will be adorable, it is so cute. I am taking my baby steps in appliqué and love to see how more experienced sewers go about it. That Benjamin Briggs block must have taken ages to prep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, applique for me today! I'm off to my textile group after lunch. I shall take my latest Mimi's bloomers block, to work on. This is my first applique project and I really enjoy it. I prefer to hand sew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also working on the Ben Biggs quilt. I decided to do it using the wash away fuseable and gluing under the seam allowancesfor machine applique. It is taking longer than I had anticipated to prep all the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished my R2D2 quilt which was applique :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just messing with the finishing instructions on my BOM.

    Love your elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For such a busy week you got a lot done. Love the elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to see both finished. I am so curious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...