Hexie Friday and FMQ

Some hexie progress made during my long weekend with the Grands.  At least I finished the inner circle of hexies.
It's suppose to be hot this week, so I might get a lot more done as I sit in the living room staying cool.

And I've been doing some FMQ on that mod Flower Baskets charity quilt.  I sort of followed the design of the basket insides, but decided I wanted to do something different than meandering around the baskets.  I have this phobia of marking my quilt tops, so I came up with a geometric template that I cut out of freezer paper. A little more time consuming  - have to stop after stitching each one and move the pattern to the next intersection.  It is doable as I am using my home sewing machine.

I then iron it in place on the quilt top and stitch around the freezer paper. 

It is HARD doing those lines - just as I find SITD hard, too.  It got better with each one.
Here's how it looks after stitching - not perfect but a way lot better if I didn't use the paper:
So that's my hexies and FMQ for today.  What are you up to?  Would love to see your hexies or other project progress, too!  Linky below.

I'm linking also to Billie's Hexie Friday post, Amanda Jean's Finish it Friday and Leah's FMQ Friday. Visit and see more luscious eye candy.

8 comments:

  1. Your project all look lovely! Thanks for the tip on the freezer paper!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an excellent idea for the freezer paper. Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the hexies always, but the FMQ is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to use freezer paper! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your idea. You may have something there! Your quilt is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie the FMQ came out perfectly! I love the finished look? Now if you could make a swirl one -lol. But seriously it looks very nice. Thanks for sharing the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been using tissue paper pinned to the top for my quilting... I hadn't thougth of using freezer paper. Will have to try it next time.

    HMinTN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love to see your hexies. I'm preparing for my day in the hexagon blog-hop. That will be tuesday, and I can't show you anything yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...