Well, all your advice has paid off - some progress has been made. I've gone from:
The books are now in another room on a different shelf unit, but still accessible to the sewing room. Gosh I have over 200 books - I must do a weeding! And I've just ordered 2 more - LOL! Any way I decided to put the 15 UFOs I'll be working on for Judy's challenge on the shelf. That way even if I haven't made a lot of progress, I'll know I can just go around the corner of my sewing area and find the project I am suppose to be working on and not panic that I can't find it. The added bonus is that I was able to unearth my grandparents' antique rocker, and I can now enjoy it while I do some hand sewing. That is until I move it in April when I take on watching little Alan while Momma Em goes back to work. Looking forward to that!