WIPs Be Gone Week 20

Oh-ho!  Almost got away from me. But I have been busy with quilty stuff although not much of it WIPs except for the hexie I made for WIP #3.  Here's what I can show:
 While I have done this quilt design as FMQ on seams for SITD, this time I thought I'd try my walking foot and the S-curve stitch on my Bernina.  I used blue painter's tape to mark my register line - starting at the center. I used the tape to line up the edge of my walking foot and walked down the tape to form the line.  As I finished both sides of the first laid tape, I moved the tape to a new position and continued making lines (one direction at a time).
  This gave me lines about 1.5" apart. I was done in no time.  The advantage of the FMQ it is even faster as I didn't have to keep moving tape, however not as precise, but I got my walking foot quilting practiced.  A great way to quilt for a beginner quilter who wants uniformity.
Here is the finished baby quilt. Measures 30" square.  The block is Album.  I expanded the size.  It's a preemie quilt for our local Neonatal unit. I used Superior's So Fine Thread with a 80/12 titanium needle.  I'm linking to Michelle's Let's Make Baby Quilt, Richard's Link A Finish, Amanda's Finish it Up Friday, Sarah's Can I get a Whoop, Whoop?and Julie for her Pet Project Show.  

How about your WIPs?  How are you doing on those?  Would love to see - doesn't have to be a finish, but we'll admire those, too.  Linky below - remember it doesn't even have to be a new post. Ends Monday, midnight.  Lots of eye candy on the NET.  Have a great weekend!


Comments

Podunk Pretties said…
Your quilting looks great, I love the center piece. I've been doing more simple quilting this year, kinda in the get it done mode.
desertskyquilts said…
I've been thinking about using that stitch, too. I was hoping it would be a little more elongated. Maybe on the Viking, if not the Bernina. Fun baby quilt!
It can't possible be Friday again....Nope it's actually Saturday....nothing finished of course. This is becoming a bad habit for sure.
I love the wavy quilting--good idea!