Applique Tuesday

Well, I should have been doing applique!  I got as far as printing the pattern for Block 2 of the Benjamin Biggs Wedding Quilt and a bit more bias stems made for LE - not much!  Instead I spent my little quilty time trying out a Jenny Doan tutorial on a self binding recieving blanket.  I'm thinking if I can master it (and like Jenny said: it only takes about 10 minutes), and figure out how to add batting, St. Anne's would have more quilts faster for our clients.  I tried a smaller one and the mitered corners didn't come out too well. I can't figure out what I did wrong - probably in the cutting or maybe I didn't fold it right. ?? However I managed to salvage something from my test run.
 One corner worked.  The others had some fullness. So I wound up folding that fullness under and sewing the miters down.
 It's good enough for me to use as a napkin.


Or maybe as a placemat?  I seem to remember seeing a post by someone that used this method to add binding to a quilt.  If you know of one, please let me know.

Okay, not applique, so I'd love you to leave me a comment on yours so I can go to your blog and sigh over it. Look forward to hearing from you!
Friday Feb 28th - Giveaways, too!
I'm linking to Connie's Linky Tuesday, Esther's Wow, and Lorna's Let's Be Social. 

Comments

LynCC said…
Hey, but what a beautiful napkin/placemat!!
I like it as well. You definitely have sewn more than me...:)
kathyinozarks said…
good morning I am visiting from Karen Fairies and Fibers-and I just had to stop by-I love your blue block-just so lovely
Kathy
Mayleen said…
I'm trying to make the receiving blankets too but I forgot how much flannel can stretch. Too embarrassed to show that one on my blog and I've cut it apart to try again! Like the idea of using yours as a placemat or napkin.
Lorna McMahon said…
It's always fun to try something new and your place mat turned out lovely! If you made one corner right.... That means you made progress. I am sure you will get the technique down! You sure came up with a wonderful solution!