Applique Tuesday

Well, I should have been doing applique!  I got as far as printing the pattern for Block 2 of the Benjamin Biggs Wedding Quilt and a bit more bias stems made for LE - not much!  Instead I spent my little quilty time trying out a Jenny Doan tutorial on a self binding recieving blanket.  I'm thinking if I can master it (and like Jenny said: it only takes about 10 minutes), and figure out how to add batting, St. Anne's would have more quilts faster for our clients.  I tried a smaller one and the mitered corners didn't come out too well. I can't figure out what I did wrong - probably in the cutting or maybe I didn't fold it right. ?? However I managed to salvage something from my test run.
 One corner worked.  The others had some fullness. So I wound up folding that fullness under and sewing the miters down.
 It's good enough for me to use as a napkin.


Or maybe as a placemat?  I seem to remember seeing a post by someone that used this method to add binding to a quilt.  If you know of one, please let me know.

Okay, not applique, so I'd love you to leave me a comment on yours so I can go to your blog and sigh over it. Look forward to hearing from you!
Friday Feb 28th - Giveaways, too!
I'm linking to Connie's Linky Tuesday, Esther's Wow, and Lorna's Let's Be Social. 

6 comments:

  1. Hey, but what a beautiful napkin/placemat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it as well. You definitely have sewn more than me...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning I am visiting from Karen Fairies and Fibers-and I just had to stop by-I love your blue block-just so lovely
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to make the receiving blankets too but I forgot how much flannel can stretch. Too embarrassed to show that one on my blog and I've cut it apart to try again! Like the idea of using yours as a placemat or napkin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to try something new and your place mat turned out lovely! If you made one corner right.... That means you made progress. I am sure you will get the technique down! You sure came up with a wonderful solution!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...