WIPs Be Gone Week 33

Hello, friends - I'm still in Colorado. And to celebrate WIPs Be Gone, I'm heading to the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival in Loveland, CO - just a bit down the road from Fort Collins.  It runs the 13-15th.  I'm excited because they have the entire traveling collection of the Hoffman 2015 Challenge before it is split into the 12 traveling exhibits.  I've only seen parts of it at other shows in different years. 
And if you'd like to learn how they pick the challenge fabric, go here.  I'm always amazed with what the entrants come up with for this challenge.  I'll try to take some photos if they're allowed.

I've been working on my baskets, but it's slow go with a 6 year old to interact with - LOL.  I've finished three of the 8 I brought with me so far.  Today we went to the Denver Zoo and I'm all tuckered out.
I can't believe how few people had hats on while visiting the zoo. There must have been only 1 out of every 25 people with a hat and it was in the middle of the day and hot. Thankfully there is quite a bit of shade along the paths, but still enough sun to warrant hats.

So while I recover,  DGS is watching a video that was part of my birthday gift to him. Then I'm making Chicken soup. And then back to the baskets.

What are you up to? I'd love to know whether WIPS or quilty news or vacation report as above -doesn't have to be a new post.  Linky below ends Monday, midnight.  And to thank you for linking, I'm giving away an Edyta Sitar book, Scrappy Fireworks Quilts.  You can see it here. Her's one of the quilts from it I'd like to make:



I'm linking to Amanda's Finish it Up Friday, Richards Link A Finish Friday, Sarah's Can I get a Whoop, Whoop? because I did finish two baskets, and on Monday with Lyn for BOMs Away because I worked and made blocks. Bye for now. Bye for now,  Angie in SoCal

8 comments:

  1. I have to force myself to wear a hat when we go to places like a zoo - I think most of us do, my head gets so hot from them, I mainly wear a hot only when cutting the grass and when we travel to mountain areas as higher elevation the sun is hotter and more UV's here at home I have such thick shade I rarely use one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even own a hat -- I guess us Coloradoans are a hatless variety. Was the big Lego animal exhibit at the zoo? We were going to try and get there to see it, but probably have missed it by now. Hope you are enjoying your visit to our beautiful state. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't followed the Hoffman Challenge for years. I do love that color scheme.

    I don't wear hats either. My husband is rarely ever outdoors without one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are certainly having a good time, I am afraid to say I never wear a hat well not in the summer but when very cold I have winter hats. Good you are getting a bit of time to do some stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your journey for me too.....grin. I only finished 1 1/3 blocks so will post it next Friday.....boy I'm getting lazy. Have fun Angie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to make that quilt as well. I am making 3 quilts for my great nephews for Christmas, dinos, scottie dogs and cars. Time consuming but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back in the swing of things in this heat is tough. Glad you had fun and Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds as if you are having fun! Chicken soup, baskets, the zoo, and some quality TV - as good as a retreat! =) Thanks for the giveaway chance. That's a pretty quilt you pictured in the post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

SAHRR Round 5 and 6

  Ready to show rounds 5 and 6. Actually, the prompt for 5 was make 4 of something. So I chose four patch, and actually since that made my q...