WIPs Be Gone Week 10

My crane block is now a pillow!  I finally just cut the flange on that cording to the right size and basted it around the block.
 The basting 1/4 "around the block beforehand came in handy to be sure to baste the cording just where it had to go. Then I sewed it with a zipper foot.
Made an envelope back to finish it.  Then I stuffed it with the pillow form which proved to be overstuffed.
I didn't like it that way. Fortunately this pillow form had a zipper and I took out some stuffing.

 Looks like a lot more than it is.  I was going to give this pillow to a friend, but my DH promptly claimed it for his reading chair.
Another WIP has reached the finish line!  Here's the one that will replace it.

I call this my Old Mother Dear Jane Hubbard.  Not sure about the setting of having all the 4 1/2" blocks around it. Maybe only on two sides. Still mulling it over. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I will replace that blue one in top row - just doesn't seem to fit in.  So that means I'll have to make 2 more DJ blocks.


Lastly, here is my finished snack mat I made for a swap.  Another case of spontaneous construction - LOL.  Complete and ready for exchange after March 25th.  

How are you doing on your wips?Would love to see - doesn't have to be a finish, but we'll admire those, too.  Linky below - remember it doesn't have to be a new post, just one that shows a WIP.  Ends Monday, midnight.  Since I finished two items I'm linking to Richard's Link a Finish and Sarah's Can I get a Whoop, Whoop?  Lots of eye candy there.


11 comments:

  1. Hello Angie,

    What a great collection of projects!
    Hooray for your husband bagging the cushion for his chair. I absolutely love the teapot, but I would, wouldn't I?

    Perhaps the Jane Hubbard arrangement would look better with just one small block in each corner and with the sides left plain.

    Just off to do some spontaneous construction...

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your crane pillow - it's gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice that your husband claimed the pillow right away - sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly your husband has great taste :-)
    What if you put those little DJ blocks on point? You might not need to make more ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And a lovely pillow it is, too. Love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with your husband - this pillow looks truly cosy, I totally get why he claimed it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your pillow finish! Looks like someone needed a pillow! Love the name of your next project, can't wait to see what you do with it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Old Mother Dear Jane Hubbard! I look forward to watching it take shape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good Angie, all of them. Maybe make another blue one and shuffle them a bit. No matter what you decide I am confident it will turn out wonderful, as all your work is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finish. Congrats on getting one off the WIP list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

SAHRR Round 5 and 6

  Ready to show rounds 5 and 6. Actually, the prompt for 5 was make 4 of something. So I chose four patch, and actually since that made my q...