FMQ Finish

I'm happy to report I've finished quilting my first charity quilt for 2014.
This was a UFO from 1997 that I dredged out of the closet and giving to St. Anne's. This would be finished but I found the fabric I want to use for the binding runs.  Sooooo....

The back is flannel and it was a dream to quilt.

I did the flowers by FMQ and you can see I had a sizing issue.
The border pattern is a Mary Covey continuous line pattern.  It took me a while to figure out how to use it.  Once I realized the flowers had to meet in the middle of the borders, I could get started.  Generally, I'm happy with it and glad of the chance to practice my FMQ.  I'm linking at Amanda Jean's Finish it Up Friday and Leah's FMQ Project linky.

Comments

Carrie P. said…
so pretty! I just signed up for the Soup Con group. Should be fun.
marsha ryan said…
Beautiful! I am working on a project from too many years ago too!!
Frances said…
You did a great job with your quilting.
kathysnest32 said…
i love the colors and you quilting is lovely.
congratulations.
kathleen

http://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

cozykoza32a@gmail.com
Sue Daurio said…
Love the continuous line flowers in the border. It's definitely too pretty to not be finished.
Kathy S. said…
Great job! Love those little flowers and leaves.