On my Design Wall

Besides the quilt top I was given (you can read about it on my previous Sunday post), I have these squares on my design wall:
They are log cabin blocks I am working on trying to find a use for all the solid strips of fabric that were donated to St. Ann's.  I'm using Jean Wright's Log Cabin Trim Tool.  See a video here .  This lets you make log cabin blocks fast without cutting all those strips - great for scrappy log cabin.  The strips have to be at least 1 1/2" wide; otherwise you can use any width. Check it out. Have 4 more rows to go on these.

What's on your design wall?  I'm heading over to Judy's Patchwork Times and Lyn's BOMs Away to see what they're up to.

Comments

Karen said…
Ohh it's going to be beautiful Angie... My design wall has a Quilting the Garden block that needs some cutting and arranging of appliqué pieces. Falling behind and need to get caught up. Have a wonderful day!
I think the log cabins in solids is a terrific idea.
Cheryl said…
I have this ruler and love it. Right now I'm doing a really scrappy light and dark, but I want to do one like yours with a controlled palette. Great tool for a really nice block.
LynCC said…
Love these cheery colors :D And I can't wait to see how you merge them with the striped fabrics!